Monday, October 27, 2008

Hot Nude Yoga Has It's Way


Sorry for the long delay, dear readers. I've been job hunting, scheduling performances and developing my yoga practice.

So, I finally worked up the courage to go to Aaron Star's Hot Nude Yoga, figuring it was safer to do a lunchtime class with bright, protective sunlight showing me the, er, naked truth of a yoga practice with all gay men (although all are welcome).

My reservations were not having the right body type, surrounded by snickering Chelsea boys with 'tude.

I'm very happy to say that is not the case.

Upon entering, I admitted to the instructor that I'm kind of nervous and he said in hsi gentle way, "that's part of it." I undressed, we all undressed, all eight of us. There was an overweight grey bearded Jewish man who announced that here he is with his big fat tucas.

The class was good, the pushups the most strenuous aspect, chanting while we did poses. At one point we were all grabbing our ankles in a kind of horse stance-like squat, me staring up the butt in front of me. Then I realized there was someone behind me doing th3e exact same thing. A bit disconcerting, but not a problem.

Afterwards the instructor hugged me, other men said "hi" and asked my name and there was no attitude at all.

I feel I've come upon a new, gentler world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gouranga :)