Thursday, August 21, 2008

Little Revelations and Me Getting In My Own Way


Last Sunday, August 17, I attended my first 90 minute yoga session, led by the owner of Yoga To The People. I had some wonderful moments-like being in child's pose (see photo above) and feeling a connection/vibration I had not achieved before. I resolved to really focus on breath and find the inner strength to endure whatever this tough instructor and class bring.

The result was intense bliss afterwards. I felt my mind and body engulfed by honey sparkle sunshine. I could not help but smile.

Let me back up to the previous Wednesday class at Three Jewels. I had a session with Lisa-and I was the only student! The thing I love about Lisa is her knowledge of bringing deeper integrity to your pose and helping you stretch a bit further. Some poses like camel (see below) don't have to involve extreme backbending to be the most effective. I think I can study with Lisa for years, she is so open and knowledgable.

Now to my lapses, not in yoga practice, but in diet. After my sessions at YTTP, I'll go to my fave bar, d.b.a., where my friend Tawnya works.

Well, I did this last night and hung out with Tawnya till the wee hours. Of course, I am paying for it today. I've already administered Motrin to my affected area-the throbbing cabeza (head).

I meant to detox and live clean, I meant to quit coffee, I mean to.....blah! Blah! BLAH! Truth is I'm kind of afraid to detox, quit coffee and knock out a huge chunk of my social life by stopping the drinking.

But I'm going to do it!

There have got to be creative alternatives to meeting people in bars and drinking to have fun or enhance sex. And I will still be fun and more productive. I just booked my new untitled musical for next year, I have a solo art show coming up on September 11 and my monthly variety show. In keeping with a gentler way of living, I'm changing the name of my show. It is presently called The Sexahol Revue. Don't worry readers, I will let you know the new name soon!

I love what yoga is doing to my whole self and its time to embrace this adventure.

No comments: